Let’s start our little yogis young…
These days, our lives are busier than ever. The digital age has opened up a world of opportunities for kids – but balance and health are still the cornerstones of a happy, content life.
Yoga can help kids connect their bodies and minds and enjoy a much-needed breather from the stress of school, socialising and all those big dilemmas about when they grow up.
I’ve taught Yoga to kids for over 20 years, in a variety of schools and Universities, and I see first-hand how it benefits their bodies and minds:
Increased Focus, Health & Stability
- Fun way to relax
- Helps to improve attention span
- Helps them connect body and mind
- Improves self-esteem and empathy
- Reduces stress and anxiety
Where I’ve taught:
- Buckingham University
- Bloxham School
- Headington Girls School
- Shenley Church End School
- BWY Teaching at regular events and their National Yoga Weekend
- Work with National Health England, teaching trainee doctors the benefits of regular Yoga or Pilates practice
- Work with the NHS, creating a library of videos and practices
Teaching kids that exercise needn’t be a chore or something to be overly competitive about is the no1 way to encourage them towards a healthy lifestyle.
Many students after learning yoga as a child, carry on the practice as adults and use the fantastic benefits throughout their daily lives.
*Andreas is DBS screened /checked details upon request.